Hi! I have heard before that sleeping on silk pillowcases has a lot of benefits for our skin and hair, so I was eager to try them on myself.
I bought two pillowcases from Lilysilk, a luxury silk brand that works with a highest quality mulberry silk.
I have a beautiful silk blouse from them, so I expected a great quality for my new purchase as well.
My pillowcases arrived in 3 days and I was curious to start using them. I ordered two different: one peachy pink and another coffee colour and both made of 25 momme silk.
I decided to say goodbye to my cotton pillowcase and started sleeping on my new silk one.
4 weeks have passed and now I can resume my impressions:
1. No more sheet marks on the skin. I noticed that my skin can slide over the slippery surface of silk more easily. When sleeping on cotton pillowcases it was normal to have some fine lines pressed in the morning.
2. Silk pillowcases help to keep the skin and hair moisture. I noticed my face more hydrated cause the silk retains the natural skin moisture while cotton grabs it. The same happens with hair. It looks more brilliant and nourished after the night.
3. No bed-head in the morning. If your hair is prone to frizz like mine, silk pillowcases are great for you. Being a very soft material, it causes less friction between your hair and the fabric and reduces damage like split ends.
4. Silk is naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites, fungus and mold. Perfect!
5. Luxury experience. It feels so soft, smooth and super gentle to skin.
I am very delighted with my new silk pillowcases and feel the great difference with the cotton ones. Even when I travel I take my silk pillowcases with me.
With time I am thinking to buy a complete bedding set from Lilysilk. I consider it to be a great investment for a night sleep and improve my skin and hair condition and the same time.
Tell me if you sleep on silk pillowcases.
If still not, I think you should get yours and take much more care of your skin and hair while sleeping…
What do you think?
I wish you a Happy New Year and a beautiful week ahead!